Monday, March 10, 2008

defragmenting

I have been busy with so many things at a time I actually dont get anything finished. My fathers birthday was yesterday and the painting didnt get finished. So I bought a present instead. Now probably it will lay there for next year or maybe hopefully for fathersday. I sure could use some more discipline. Does anybody have some advise on how to train this.
For the moment I started at about five drawings and I only finished one which I dont really like. The first is a really tiny portrait of a cat which would take me little less then an hour to complete. Here is the wip (work in progress).


The next one is a small portrait of me and my son, which still needs alot of color layers. I actually only have the sketch for the moment. It was a picture I really liked and I have been wanting to draw it for a long time.



I am always in admiration for people who know how to draw these beautiful fantasy women. It is one of my aims to be ablte to do this also and this just from my imagination. Since I dont have yet a good understanding of the proportions of the human body, I drew this one from a picture, but it is also still waiting to be finished.




I also have something not living. My first try at something like a landscape in colored pencil. For the moment I am rather happy with, but it is still not finished. I am doing this one for the March colored pencil challenge on www.wetcanvas.com



Then the last one, which did get finished but actually isnt really good. Maybe I should do a few more layers on it to give it a more finished look. On the other hand I have so many other things to finish and so many more to start :) This one is a selfportrait. I wanted to try a new method. So I drew the sketch with a light gray, then added darker parts with a darker grey and then added color. The colors could have been a litlle more nuanced, but like I said my biggest flaw ever is I like to start new things so sometimes things have to go fast.




Well, alot to look at and for me alot to finish. So I think I might as well start now :) Hopefully in my next post I will have at least one update from one of these drawings ;)

If you check on my website, you can see that now and then I do finish something. So, I am not yet completely hopeless. If I would get some commissioning work, I am sure I would be much more disciplined about it. Now all of the things I make are for fun and pleasure, so there isnt any haste involved.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the boat! I dedicate different days of the week to different projects, so I just work on the one thing for that day, and try to carve out an hour a day (at least) for it.