Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Work in progress

For the moment I am really trying to figure out how I can live with my art. It seems I still have a long way to go, but it is something I really want. I sometimes wish I could just draw and everything else would follow. I guess it doesnt work that way. Probably I should go out and find customers, but pushing myself to other people is something I hate to do.
Luckily I have a husband who really believes in me, maybe he is a litlle overestimating my artistic capacities. On the other hand it is a good compensation of me underestimating myself.
For the moment I am busy making a portrait in colored pencil for my father. His birthday is soon to come. I hope I make it in time. It is drawn from a photograph of him and my son. For the first time I tried a full developed background. I am really happy with the back ground I have already drawn. Now lets hope the faces will be ok also (I do have more experience with it, so it should be ok)
Here is a picture of my progress so far. The picture is not so clear, but when it is finished I wil definitely post a better one.

No comments: